- FIFA World Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018
- FA Premier League
- FA Cup
- Football League Cup
- FIFA Confederations Cup 2017
11v11.com is the official site of the Association of Football Statisticians.
This site is driven by a unique database of international football and the English Football League including the FIFA World Cup and FA Premier League since their inception.
11v11 is also a community hub for those interested in football history and statistics.
Where’s your footballing hero? Did he even make the top 100? Click the title above to find out!
On this day in football history
- 1891 Clyde beat Vale of Leven 10-3 to achieve the first double-figure victory in the Scottish League.
- 1931 Jack Atkinson a former schoolboy international signed professional forms for Bolton Wanderers. He became their regular centre half from his debut in 1933 until almost the time he moved to New Brighton as player manager in 1949. He was still fulfilling this job when the club was voted out of the Football League in 1951. Appeared in 291 peace-time League games.
- 1959 Ian St. John, Motherwell centre forward, scored 3 goals in 2 1/2 minutes in a Scottish League Cup game at Easter Road against Hibernian. He played for Motherwell for four seasons from 1957 to 1961 and scored 104 goals in that time - 79 in the League, 13 in the Scottish Cup and 12 in the League Cup. After joining the Anfield club he developed into a deep lying centre but by the summer of 1966 he had raised his total of League goals to 151.
- 1960 Rochdale obtained the transfer of goalkeeper Ted Burgin from Leeds United after being on loan to them. Began with Sheffield United in 1949 and moved to Doncaster Rovers in December 1957 to replace Harry Gregg who had joined Manchester United for a record fee. Signed by Leeds in March 1958. When he left the League scene at the end of 1965-66 he had played in 554 League games despite suffering a profusion of injuries. Appeared in two matches for England 'B' in 1954.