- AFC Asian Cup 2019
- FIFA World Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018
- UEFA Nations League
- FA Premier League
- FA Cup
- Football League Cup
- FIFA Confederations Cup 2017
11v11.com is the official site of the Association of Football Statisticians.
This site is driven by a unique database of international football and the English Football League including the FIFA World Cup and FA Premier League since their inception.
11v11 is also a community hub for those interested in football history and statistics.
Where’s your footballing hero? Did he even make the top 100? Click the title above to find out!
On this day in football history
- 1888 At a meeting at the Anderton Hotel in London, initial discussions were held that led to the foundation of the Football League a month later. They followed a proposal by William MacGregor who was an official at Aston Villa. The original twelve clubs were Accrington, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End. Stoke, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers. The annual subscription was two guineas and the first matches were played in September 1888. Of the twelve original members ten have remained constantly but Stoke were replaced by Sunderland in 1890 but re-elected the following season and Accrington resigned from the League.
- 1889 Sheffield United were formed. Became one of the founder members of the Second Division in 1892.
- 1924 Billy Merdith became the oldest player to appear for Manchester City when he took the field against Preston North End at the age of 49 years and 238 days.
- 1936 Death of John McKenna at the age of 82. A Liverpool man he was President of the Football League from 1910 until his death.
- 1947 Albert Juluiensen scored seven of Dundee's ten goals in a Scottish Division "B" match against Dunfermline Athletic. The previous week the same player had scored six of the club's ten against Alloa Athletic.