The Association of Football Statisticians was founded in 1979 by a group of mainly UK-based football historians and statisticians.
Much of the pioneering work on recording the history of football has been completed under the AFS banner and most club statisticians are members.
11v11.com is our community site.
To join the AFS please take out a subscription
to gain improved access to the historical information in our archive and to support our work.
Commercial Football Information Services
We provide football information for:
Football clubs and governing bodies
- Our football statistics services have been used by most Premier League and Football League clubs, The Football Association and PFA.
- AFS provides the facts, figures, analysis and articles for publishers. Commissions have included for high-profile projects such as statistics for the official biographies of David Beckham, Michael Owen and for Pele's FIFA 100
book of the greatest players ever.
- AFS has provided football statistics and information for most national newspapers and broadcasters in the United Kingdom and many internationally.
- We prepare detailed and authoritative data-based reports for football-related cases including insurance claims.
- Increasingly football information and data is analysed in its own right, but also as a model for economic performance in all sectors of the economy. We provide data sets for academic use to universities and colleges around the world.
The AFS maintains two online shops - one on amazon
for surplus books and the Football Statistics and History Bookshop
on ebay for the old AFS Reports (no longer published) and other publications which never made it into the amazon catalogue. There is also a full list of the back catalogue of over 300 various publications in afs publications
section on the forum.