Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 387

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 387

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 337

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 339

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 341

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 343
Colindale Newspaper Library
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Colindale Newspaper Library within the Tools of the Trade forum, part of the Football Statistics and History Forum category; The Colindale Newpaper library is situated near Colindale tube on the Northern Line in North London and is part of the British Library. It deserves ...

Statisticus is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Colindale Newspaper Library

The Colindale Newpaper library is situated near Colindale tube on the Northern Line in North London and is part of the British Library. It deserves a thread of its own - how many football statisticians and historians have spent days in here! They are in the process of migrating the newspapers into storage and the Colindale site will be closed down in 2012 - with access to microfiche records etc being from the main site in Kings Cross.

Martin Brodetsky is offline Nursery Member

It is a great resource, and I've also used the Central Library in Oxford for local papers, but it's all a bit archaic now. The sooner they digitise all these old papers so that we can do proper searches and collate info that might otherwise be missed the better!

Statisticus is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

More than anything this is to show off some new functionality in the forum - I'm not sure how people might want to use it. Just put map and /map tags either side of an address and an interactive google map appears:

Andrew Kelly is offline 11v11 Forum Member

In the early 1990s I had a lot of spare time on my hands (I "worked" for BT). I spent loads of time at the Newspaper Library. It took a while to work out a system so that you weren't sat around for an hour twiddling your thumbs waiting for your papers & microfilms to come.

It was great when you thought that you'd exhausted every avenue and then found another publication that churned up a whole heap of new stuff.

I spent a day there a couple of years ago. Nothing had changed!

Can't wait for the digitised versions to come online.

+ Reply to Thread