+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Total Managers In ONE Season ? within the Stats & Facts Miscellany forum, part of the Stats and Facts category; Hey up, does anyone know what is the record for the most Managers [including Acting Managers] in one season at a club. My beloved Sheffield ...

Donut1889 is offline 11v11 Forum Member

Default Total Managers In ONE Season ?

Hey up, does anyone know what is the record for the most Managers [including Acting Managers] in one season at a club. My beloved Sheffield United are now on our 4th boss of this season 2010/11
    Micky 'Grizzly' Adams 30th December 2010 to present [just]
    John Carver [Acting] 14th December 10 to 30th December 2010
    Gary 'On' Speed 17th August 2010 to 14th December 2010
    Kevin 'Its everyone's fault except mine' Blackwell Season start to 14th December 2010

If, Kevin 'The best we've ever had until he spat his dummy out' McCabe sacks Grizzly Adams after his 12th game without a win, or Adams resigns then that will be FIVE GAFFERS in a season, surely no one has had more

Thanks
    Donut1889

PFallows is offline AFS Member

Default Well......

My beloved Man City.....
    In the dramatic season 1995/96 City appoint three different managers; Alan Ball, Steve Coppell and Frank Clark as well as significant spells as caretaker for Asa Hartford and Phil Neal.
    That made 5 in one season....
    Hope that helps!!!

PFallows is offline AFS Member

Default Also.....

That season was a 'down' season for City in the Premiership....
    It took 12 matches to register a win. This started a run of 4 wins and a draw....
    Relegated on goal difference to Southampton on the last day of the season (5/5/96)
    Home to Liverpool last game (lost 6-0 in away game) losing 2-0 with 20 mins to go.... 11 mins to go and its 2-2.... should have won... but sat back because of confused information from Southampton game (so it got reported after the events)

This is what you are a football supporter for!!!

Donut1889 is offline 11v11 Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PFallows View Post
    That season was a 'down' season for City in the Premiership....
    It took 12 matches to register a win. This started a run of 4 wins and a draw....
    Relegated on goal difference to Southampton on the last day of the season (5/5/96)
    Home to Liverpool last game (lost 6-0 in away game) losing 2-0 with 20 mins to go.... 11 mins to go and its 2-2.... should have won... but sat back because of confused information from Southampton game (so it got reported after the events)

This is what you are a football supporter for!!!
    Thanks for that.
    I have seen United go from the Old First Division to the Fourth and back again, and it looks like we are making the same journey all over again. God how I hate my club :-)
    Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread