+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Jack SWINDELLS within the S - Obituaries forum, part of the Football Obituaries category; Jack Swindells died suddenly in his Cornwall home on Tuesday 23 rd June 2009. Manchester born Jack started his career with Manchester City but never ...

Paul Armstrong is offline 11v11 Forum Member

Default Jack SWINDELLS

Jack SWINDELLS-swindell.jpg

Jack Swindells died suddenly in his Cornwall home on Tuesday 23rd June 2009.

Manchester born Jack started his career with Manchester City but never made the first team during his time at Maine Road.

He moved to Blackburn Rovers who became the first of six clubs whom he played, and scored, for in the Football League.

After his time with Rovers, he spent time with Accrington Stanley, Barnsley, Workington, Torquay United and Newport County.

Jack signed for Reds in February, 1962 and scored his first goal in his second match – a 3-1 win at Chester.

On the final day of the 61-62 season, he netted a hat-trick in a 5-3 victory over Bradford City. The following season, 62-63, he played in all fifty league and cup matches for Reds scoring 14 goals (12 in the league, 2 in the FA Cup) before moving to Torquay United for the start of the 63-64 campaign.

Reds summary:

Season 61-62, Appearances 16, 7 Goals
    Season 62-63, Appearances 50, 14 Goals

After ending his Football League career with Newport County, Jack obtained legendary status at Altrincham scoring over 250 goals for them in less than 350 appearances. In his first full season at Alty, he scored an incredible 82 goals in 63 games – including six hat-tricks!

He graced Moss Lane for seven seasons scoring no fewer than 265 goals before ending his playing days in ‘senior’ football with Radcliffe Borough.
    Last edited by Paul Armstrong; 17th July 2011 at 07:59 PM.

Swinny60 Guest

Default Jack Swindells

Jack Swindells was my Dad and I continue to be more proud of him each and every day. That people remember and have such positive things that they remember eases the continuing pain of losing him and his remains being so far away in Cornwall despite his true family wanting him returned home, just as he had requested. His greatest achievement was being the father he was.

Swinny95 Guest

Talking Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Swinny60 View Post
    Jack Swindells was my Dad and I continue to be more proud of him each and every day. That people remember and have such positive things that they remember eases the continuing pain of losing him and his remains being so far away in Cornwall despite his true family wanting him returned home, just as he had requested. His greatest achievement was being the father he was.
    After typing my own name, Jack Swindell, into google i stumbled upon on this. However what makes it wierd is i am from Manchester (not a fan of the blues though). What makes even weirder is My grandad manages the youth squad at altrincham! Totally freaked me out, but now to Jack Swindells have graced Moss Lane with their presence as i go to watch my grandads tram when i can

+ Reply to Thread