The future of Portsmouth has once more been thrown into doubt after the Championship clubís owner and his business partner were arrested in London in November after Lithuanian authorities issued extradition warrants.
Vladimir Antonov and Raimondas Baranauskas appeared in court in connection with the alleged asset stripping of Snoras Bank in Lithuania.
Both were bailed by magistrates in Westminster last month with a preliminary hearing set for March and a longer case scheduled for May.
Whatever the outcome, it all signals another uncertain year for the club which became the first Premier League member to enter administration in February 2010.
In the aftermath of such recent financial traumas, Dan Brett from the Independent Portsmouth FC site Pompey-Fans.com wonders if
Updated 16th January 2012 at 10:57 AM by 11v11
(Change title and add link)
After their best start to a league season since their famous double-winning side of 1960-61, Tottenham Hotspurís title ambitions were dented on Saturday when they were held to a 1-1 draw by lowly Wolverhampton Wanderers at White Hart Lane.
The goal that denied Spurs another three-point reward also meant they have become the first club to concede a total of 1,000 goals in the history of the Premier League.
The current top ten of all-time Premier League goals conceded is, as follows
With the deadline for five yellow cards attracting a one-match ban having now passed, here's this week's reduced suspension list:
Three Match Ban (02/01,14/01,21/01)
Three Match Ban (02/01,07/01,14/01)
The first week of the January Transfer Window has been and gone without the conclusion of any of the multi-million mega deals.
However, there have been plenty of transactions completed and included in this week's list.
West Ham United
Dagenham and Redbridge
Barclays Premier League 11 - 16 January 2012
Wednesday 11 January
Tottenham Hotspur Everton
Everton manager David Moyes has only ever lost three of 16 league matches against teams managed by Harry Redknapp.Tottenham Hotspur have won nine and drawn one of their ten games against teams in the bottom-half of the Premier League this season.Everton have won none of their nine games against teams in the top-half of the Premier League this season (drawn two and lost seven)
Saturday 14 January
Aston Villa Everton
Five of the last six Premier League meetings between Aston Villa and Everton have been drawn.Having lost their last four games at Villa Park, Aston Villa will be aiming to avoid
This week's suspension list shows those players who'll be unable to take part in the weekend's FA Cup Third Round ties.
It also includes in the controversial eight-match ban for Liverpool's Luis Suarez.
Three Match Ban (02/01,14/01,21/01)
Three Match Ban (31/12,02/01,07/01)
The 2011-12 season has already seen more additions to the remarkable records held by Ryan Giggs and the Manchester United legend has begun the New Year with another entry to his outstanding collection.
In his first start of the season, Ryan extended his record as the oldest scorer in Champions League history in the draw at Benfica.
In doing so, he also became the first player to score in 16 different Champions League campaigns.
Giggsy ended the year by maintaining his unique record of scoring in every Premier League season in United's win at Fulham on 21 December.
His latest record came in his first game of 2012.
In the Premier League game at Newcastle United on 4 January, he became the first player to start 757 games for United
Our Premier League Performance of the Week goes to Blackburn Rovers for their New Yearís Eve win at Manchester United.
- The scene seemed perfectly set at Old Trafford for United to celebrate manager Sir Alex Fergusonís 70th birthday as, if defeat was avoided, they would return to the top of the Premier League.
- With 11 defeats in the 18 league games in 2011-12, it also seemed like the old year would end in familiar fashion for crisis-club Rovers.
- Having amazingly led 2-0, another familiar pattern appeared to emerge as United drew level after 62 minutes.
- However, against the odds, Steve Keanís team pulled off arguably the biggest shock win in Premier League history with youngster Grant Hanleyís first senior goal.
- According to the bookies, Rovers
Having recently been placed in administration for the third time in nine years, the administrators in control of Darlington fear the club may fold in a "very short time".
There is now the very real possiblity that Darlo's match in the Conference at Barrow on Saturday could be their last.
Those who support clubs who have suffered similar financial stress will have every sympathy with the long-suffering Darlo fans.
For those whose biggest fear is that their chairman won't sanction the signing of a new £20million striker, then maybe this heartfelt posting - entitled Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more from MKDarlo on the Darlo Uncovered forum - may give a bit of perspective:
Letís make Barrow on Saturday a celebration of the
Winner of this week's Premier League goal is Ben Watsonís penalty for Wigan Athletic at Stoke City
- Itís unusual to select a penalty for a Goal of the Week award but this one came in unusual, maybe unique, circumstances.
- Struggling ten-man Wigan appeared to be heading to a 2-1 defeat at the Britannia Stadium until they were awarded a spot-kick in the 86th minute.
- However, with regular penalty-taker Jordi Gomez off the pitch, Ben Watson was called off the bench in the style of an American football goalkicker.
- So it was with his first kick of the game that the former Crystal Palace held his nerve and comfortably beat Stoke keeper Thomas Sorensen to earn the Latics a valuable point.
- Although itís not unknown for a substitute to come on in the closing