Premier League preview stats 13 May 2012
by, 11th May 2012 at 09:39 AM (7178 Views)
Barclays Premier League
Sunday 13 May
Chelsea Blackburn Rovers
- Chelsea have lost only two of their last 23 Premier League games against Blackburn Rovers.
- Chelsea will finish outside of the top five of the Premier League for the first time since the 2001-02 season.
- Relegated Blackburn Rovers have not won on their last 16 Premier League visits to London since March 2009.
Everton Newcastle United
- Newcastle United’s 1-0 win at Goodison Park last season followed a run of five defeats in their seven preceding trips to Everton (all Premier League).
- Should they match or better their Mersey rivals result today, Everton will finish above Liverpool for only the second time since they were last crowned champions in 1986-87.
- Newcastle United have won seven of their last nine Premier League games.
Manchester City Queens Park Rangers
- Queens Park Rangers have won on three of their five visits to Manchester City since 1993 (all league).
- Needing a win to ensure they’ll become Premier League champions for the first time, Manchester City have taken 80 points for the possible last 84 points at home.
- While current Queens Park Rangers boss Mark Hughes was manager of Manchester City, they won 18 and lost six of the 27 Premier League games played at the Etihad Stadium.
Norwich City Aston Villa
- Aston Villa are unbeaten in their last seven meetings with Norwich City (all Premier League).
- Norwich City have conceded 14 goals in their last four Premier League games.
- Aston Villa have equalled their own Premier League record of 17 draws in a season (2005-06) which was also achieved by Newcastle United in 2003-04.
Stoke City Bolton Wanderers
- Stoke City will be aiming to complete a league double against Bolton Wanderers for the first time since 1947-48.
- Stoke City need to score four goals in a game for the first time this season to make it possible to avoid the tag of being the lowest scorers in the four English senior divisions in 2011-12.
- Bolton Wanderers have kept only one clean sheet in their last 44 away games in the Premier League.
Sunderland Manchester United
- Sunderland have won only one of their 21 previous Premier League meetings with Manchester United.
- Last season, Sunderland finished in 10th position with 47 points. With this game to play, the Black Cats are currently in 11th position with 45 points.
- Should they be denied the title, Manchester United will become the first runners-up to reach 86 points in a Premier League season.
Swansea City Liverpool
- Swansea City have failed to score in their last five league and cup meetings with Liverpool.
- Swansea City have drawn one and lost 11 of the 12 Premier League when they have been losing at half-time.
- Liverpool have not finished below their current 8th position since they returned to the top division in 1962.
Tottenham Hotspur Fulham
- Tottenham Hotspur have lost only two of their last 15 league and cup meetings with Fulham.
- Tottenham Hotspur need to score three goals today to equal their highest goals total in a Premier League season (67 in 2009-10)
- Fulham need one more point to equal their club record total in the Premier League of 53 in 2008-09.
West Bromwich Albion Arsenal
- West Bromwich Albion have won only three of their 29 meetings with Arsenal since 1978 (all competitions).
- Under departing manager Roy Hodgson, West Bromwich Albion have won 20 and lost 20 of the 53 senior games played.
- Should he score today, Robin Van Persie will become the first Arsenal player to score more than 30 goals in a league season since Ronnie Rooke in 1947-48.
Wigan Athletic Wolverhampton Wanderers
- None of the 13 previous league and cup meetings between Wigan Athletic and Wolverhampton Wanderers have ended in a goalless draw.
- If the Premier League table was calculated over the last eight games, Wigan Athletic would be in top position (six wins and two defeats.
- Unless they win today, Wolverhampton Wanderers will have won only five games in a league season for the first time in their history.
Total Trackbacks 0