Premier League Preview Stats 9 - 11 April 2012
by, 9th April 2012 at 08:02 AM (5489 Views)
Barclays Premier League
9 - 11 April 2012
Monday 9 April
Aston Villa Stoke City
- Stoke City have won only one of 13 visits to Aston Villa since 1965 (all league).
- Aston Villa have lost six of their last nine games at home in the Premier League.
- Stoke City have failed to score in eight of their 16 away games in the Premier League this season.
- Sunderland have failed to beat Everton in their last 17 league and cup meetings.
- Everton have won four of their last five home games in the Premier League.
- Sunderland have failed to win in their last five away league and cup games, including the FA Cup draw at Everton.
- Only three goals have been scored in the last four league and cup meetings between Fulham and Chelsea.
- Fulham have conceded 17 goals in the final 15 minutes of their Premier League games this season.
- In the ten games in all competitions since Andre Villas-Boas’ departure, Chelsea have won eight, drawn one and lost one.
Newcastle United Bolton Wanderers
- Only three of the previous 23 meetings between Newcastle United and Bolton Wanderers in the Premier League have been drawn.
- Having won their last four games, the last time Newcastle United won five Premier League games in a row was in April 2006.
- Bolton Wanderers have the lowest total of points in games played against opponents in the top-half of the Premier League this season (seven points from 17 games).
Tottenham Hotspur Norwich City
- Norwich City have failed to score in their last five meetings with Tottenham Hotspur (all Premier league).
- Compared to 59 points this season, Tottenham Hotspur had 58 points after 32 games in 2009-10 when they went on to qualify for the Champions League.
- Norwich City will be aiming to avoid a run of four consecutive away defeats in all competitions for the first time since December 2008.
Tuesday 10 April
Blackburn Rovers Liverpool
- Liverpool have lost only two of their last 26 Premier League meetings with Blackburn Rovers.
- Having lost their last three games, Blackburn Rovers have not lost four consecutive Premier League games since December 2008.
- Liverpool have lost six of their last seven away games in the Premier League.
Wednesday 11 April
Manchester City West Bromwich Albion
- West Bromwich Albion have won only one of their 16 league and cup visits to Manchester City since 1980.
- Having been held in their last home game against Sunderland, Manchester City have not failed to win in consecutive home games in the Premier League since November 2010.
- West Bromwich Albion have kept only one clean sheet in their last 35 away games in the Premier League.
Queens Park Rangers Swansea City
- Swansea City have not won in 19 previous league and cup visits to Queens Park Rangers.
- Queens Park Rangers have had four players sent-off in their last nine Premier League games.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored six goals in the six away games he has played for Swansea City in the Premier League.
Wigan Athletic Manchester United
- Manchester United have won all 14 of their previous league and cup meeting with Wigan Athletic.
- Wigan Athletic have won only two of the 16 games they have played against opposition in the top half of the Premier League table this season.
- Having won their last eight games, Manchester United have not won nine Premier League games in a row since March 2009.
Wolverhampton Wanderers Arsenal
- Wolverhampton Wanderers’ 1-1 draw at Emirates Stadium in December ended a run of 12 consecutive league and cup defeats against Arsenal.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have now conceded 70 goals, the most after 32 games of a Premier League season since Barnsley (73) in 1997-98.
- Arsenal have won eight of their last nine Premier League games.
Total Trackbacks 0