Premier League Preview Stats 6 - 8 April 2012
by, 4th April 2012 at 03:55 PM (1996 Views)
Barclays Premier League
6 - 8 April 2012
Friday 6 April
Swansea City Newcastle United
- Swansea City have failed to beat Newcastle United in six league and cup meetings since December 1980.
- Swansea City will be aiming to avoid a run of three consecutive league defeats in the same season for the first time since April 2004 in the Third Division.
- Newcastle United will be aiming to complete a run of four wins in a row in the Premier League for the first time since April 2006.
Saturday 7 April
Bolton Wanderers Fulham
- Bolton Wanderers have won only three of their 21 previous Premier League meetings with Fulham (drawn seven and lost 11).
- Bolton Wanderers will be aiming to complete a run of four consecutive wins in the Premier League for the first time since December 2006.
- Fulham have lost five of their last six away games in all competitions.
Chelsea Wigan Athletic
- Chelsea have won ten and lost one of their 13 previous Premier League meetings with Wigan Athletic.
- Chelsea have not conceded a goal in their last three home games in the Premier League.
- Wigan Athletic will be aiming to complete a run of three consecutive wins for the first time since December 2008 (all Premier League).
Liverpool Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have won only one of their last nine Premier League visits to Liverpool.
- Liverpool’s eight points in 2012 is their worst run of league form since 1953-54 which led to the Reds only relegation since 1904.
- After 30 games in the Premier League last season, Aston Villa had 33 points – the same as this season.
Norwich City Everton
- Everton have won five and drawn two of their last seven league and cup meetings with Norwich City.
- Norwich City have won only two of their 15 games against opponents in the top half of the Premier League this season.
- Everton will be aiming to complete a run of four consecutive league and cup wins for the first time since October 2009.
Stoke City Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Stoke City will be aiming to complete a league double over Wolverhampton Wanderers for the first time since 1995-96.
- Stoke City have gone on to win all 12 Premier League games that they have led at half-time since April 2010.
- Should Wolverhampton Wanderers lose this game, they will have lost six consecutive league games for the first time since January 1985 in the old Second Division under Tommy Docherty.
Sunderland Tottenham Hotspur
- Sunderland have won five and lost 13 of their previous 21 Premier League meetings with Tottenham Hotspur.
- Sunderland have lost 199 and drawn 100 of their all-time 411 Premier League games (won 112).
- Tottenham Hotspur have failed to win in six away games in the Premier League since New Year’s Eve.
West Bromwich Albion Blackburn Rovers
- This is the 125th league and cup meeting between West Bromwich Albion and Blackburn Rovers dating back to February 1885.
- After 31 games in the Premier League last season, West Bromwich Albion had 36 points – the same as this season.
- Blackburn Rovers have not failed to score in consecutive Premier League games since April 2011, a total of 35 matches.
Sunday 8 April
Arsenal Manchester City
- Manchester City will be aiming to complete a league double over Arsenal for the first time since 1975-76 when current City assistant manager Brian Kidd was a member of the Arsenal team.
- Arsenal have won all of their last six home league and cup games.
- Manchester City have won two of their last seven away games in all competitions.
Manchester United Queens Park Rangers
- Queens Park Rangers have failed to beat Manchester United since a 4-1 win at Old Trafford on New Year’s Day in 1992.
- With Manchester United leading the way this season, in the 19 previous Premier League campaigns, 17 of the leaders at Easter have gone on to win the title.
- Queens Park Rangers have drawn three and lost seven of their last ten away games in league and cup.
Total Trackbacks 0