Premier League Preview Stats 31 March 2 April 2012
by, 28th March 2012 at 09:35 AM (4758 Views)
Barclays Premier League preview stats
31 March 2 April 2012
Saturday 31 March
Aston Villa Chelsea
- Chelsea have won on only one of their last 13 league and cup visits to Villa Park.
- Aston Villa have won one of their last eight league and cup games.
- Chelsea will be aiming to avoid a run of four consecutive away defeats in the Premier League for the first time since December 2000.
Everton West Bromwich Albion
- Only one of the 11 previous Premier League meetings between Everton and West Bromwich Albion has been drawn.
- Evertons 30 goals in the Premier League this season have been scored by 16 different players.
- West Bromwich Albion have kept only one clean sheet in their last 34 away games in the Premier League.
Fulham Norwich City
- Norwich Citys 6-0 defeat on their last visit to Fulham in May 2005 confirmed their relegation to the Championship.
- Following their 5-0 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers, Fulham have failed to score in their last three Premier League games.
- Norwich City will be aiming to avoid a run of three away league defeats in a row for the first time since May 2009.
Manchester City Sunderland
- Sunderland will be aiming to complete a league double in the top division over Manchester City for the first time since 1981-82.
- Manchester City can equal Liverpools record which has stood since 1972 of 21 consecutive home wins in the top division.
- Sunderland have lost three of their last five away games in the Premier League.
Queens Park Rangers Arsenal
- Five of the nine previous Premier League meetings between Queens Park Rangers have been drawn with each team scoring eight goals.
- Queens Park Rangers have not kept a clean sheet in their last 21 Premier League games after keeping a total of 25 in the Championship last season.
- Arsenal will be aiming to complete a run of eight consecutive wins in the Premier League for the first time since March 2004.
Wolverhampton Wanderers Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton Wanderers have won four and drawn two of the seven previous Premier League meetings with Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have lost all seven of their league and cup home games in 2012.
- Along with Manchester United and Fulham, Bolton Wanderers are one of three teams who are unbeaten after scoring the first goal in a Premier League game this season.
Wigan Athletic Stoke City
- Each team has won one of the seven previous Premier League meetings between Wigan Athletic and Stoke City (five have been drawn).
- Wigan Athletic have scored four goals in their last nine home games in the Premier League.
- Stoke City have scored ten goals in their away games in the Premier League this season. Only Fulham (eight) have scored fewer.
Sunday 1 April
Newcastle United Liverpool
- 2002-03 is the only season that Newcastle United have finished above Liverpool in the Premier League table since 1996-97.
- Newcastle United have 50 points after 30 games in the Premier League this season 14 more points than at the same stage last season.
- Liverpool have 42 points after 30 games in the Premier League this season three fewer points than at the same stage last season.
Tottenham Hotspur Swansea City
- Swansea City have failed to win a league game at Tottenham Hotspur in 13 previous attempts.
- Tottenham Hotspur have scored in all of their last 20 home games in the Premier League.
- Swansea City have won their last two away games in the Premier League without conceding a goal.
Monday 2 April
Blackburn Rovers Manchester United
- Blackburn Rovers will be aiming to complete a league double over Manchester United for the first time since the 2005-06 season.
- Blackburn Rovers have not won consecutive home games in the Premier League since January 2011.
- Manchester United now have 73 points after 30 games. They won the Premier League title in 1997 with a total of 75 points.
Total Trackbacks 0