Premier League Preview Stats 24–26 March 2012
by, 22nd March 2012 at 01:03 PM (4242 Views)
Barclays Premier League
24 – 26 March 2012
Saturday 24 March
Arsenal Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have lost only one of their five previous visits to the Emirates Stadium in the Premier League (won two and drawn two).
- Arsenal will be aiming to complete a run of seven consecutive wins in the Premier League for the first time since October 2007.
- Aston Villa haven’t won consecutive games in the Premier League since the last two games of last season.
Bolton Wanderers Blackburn Rovers
- Bolton Wanderers will be aiming to complete a league double over Blackburn Rovers for the first time since the 1977-78 season.
- Bolton Wanderers haven’t won consecutive games in the Premier League since April 2011.
- Blackburn Rovers will be aiming to win three Premier League games in a row for the first time since the last two games on 2009-10 and the opening game of 2010-11.
Chelsea Tottenham Hotspur
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 24 home league and cup meetings with Tottenham Hotspur.
- Chelsea have scored in each of their last 21 home games in the Premier League.
- Tottenham Hotspur are without a win in their last five away games in the Premier League.
Liverpool Wigan Athletic
- Wigan Athletic have lost five and drawn two of their seven previous visits to Anfield.
- Steven Gerrard is the only Liverpool player to score in the Premier League at Anfield in 2012.
- Wigan Athletic have now gained exactly 100 points in 98 Premier League games under manager Roberto Martinez.
Norwich City Wolverhampton Wanderers
- This is Wolverhampton Wanderers’ first visit to Norwich City in the top division since September 1983.
- Norwich City have been awarded only one penalty-kick in the Premier League this season.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have conceded 19 goals in their last five Premier League games.
Stoke City Manchester City
- Including last season’s FA Cup Final, Manchester City have won their last three league and cup meetings with Stoke City without conceding a goal.
- Stoke City will be aiming to complete a run of three consecutive home wins in the Premier League for the first time since February 2012.
- Manchester City have won only two of their last eight away games in the Premier League.
Sunderland Queens Park Rangers
- Queens Park Rangers have only won once at Sunderland since May 1973.
- Sunderland have conceded only two goals in their last five Premier League games at the Stadium of Light.
- Queens Park Rangers have taken only two points from their last eight away games in the Premier League.
Swansea City Everton
- Everton have won five and drawn one of their six previous visits to Swansea (all league).
- Swansea City will be aiming to complete a run of four wins in a row in the top division for the first time since March 1982 and for only the second time in their history.
- Everton have scored more than one goal in only two of their 14 away games in the Premier League this season.
Sunday 25 March
West Bromwich Albion Newcastle United
- West Bromwich Albion will be aiming to complete a league double over Newcastle United for the first time since the 1977-78 season.
- West Bromwich Albion have won 49 of the 219 games they have played in the Premier League.
- Newcastle United have lost five of their last six league and cup away games.
Monday 26 March
Manchester United Fulham
- Fulham have won only two of their 34 previous league and cup visits to Manchester United.
- Manchester United have now scored more than 100 goals in all competitions in 2011-12, and their most after 29 games of a league season since 1957-58.
- In their all-time 3,935 league games, Fulham have won 1,000 at home, lost 999 away and drawn 1,000 in total.
Total Trackbacks 0