Premier League Preview Stats 11–12 February 2012
by, 7th February 2012 at 06:02 PM (4108 Views)
Barclays Premier League
11 – 12 February 2012
Saturday 11 February
Blackburn Rovers Queens Park Rangers
- Queens Park Rangers have failed to score in their three league and cup visits to Blackburn Rovers since 1999.
- Blackburn Rovers have won only one of their 12 games against teams in the bottom half of the Premier League this season.
- Excluding unused substitutes, 39 players have appeared for Queens Park Rangers in league and cup matches this season.
Bolton Wanderers Wigan Athletic
- Bolton Wanderers have not lost in their last eight league and cup meetings with Wigan Athletic.
- Bolton Wanderers have lost 16 of the 17 games in the Premier League this season when the opposition have scored the first goal.
- Wigan Athletic have completed a run of nine games without a win in the Premier League for the second time this season.
- Chelsea will be aiming for the first league double against Everton since the 2004-05 season.
- Everton have scored only six goals in the first-half of their Premier League games this season, the lowest total in the division.
- Chelsea have one point less than they did after 24 games last season when they lost Game No. 25.
Fulham Stoke City
- Each team has won two of the last four league and cup meetings by a 2-0 margin.
- Since the start of last season, Fulham have lost only two of the 17 games in the Premier League when Clint Dempsey has scored.
- Stoke City have won all five games in the Premier League this season when they have led at half-time.
Manchester United Liverpool
- Liverpool have lost seven of their last eight league and cup visits to Manchester United.
- Manchester United have been awarded eight penalties in the Premier League this season, more than any other team.
- Liverpool gained 18 points away from home last season. The Reds have already accumulated 19 points on their Premier League travels this term.
- Arsenal have lost one of their last eight league and cup visits to Sunderland
- Sunderland have won five of their last six Premier League games.
- The most goals Arsenal have conceded in away games in a Premier League season is 28 (1994-95 and 2010-11). They have already conceded 25 so far this season.
Swansea City Norwich City
- NorwichCity have not won at Swansea since March 1962, when the home team was called SwanseaTown.
- SwanseaCity have lost one of their last seven Premier League games.
- NorwichCity have lost one of their last five away games in the Premier League.
Tottenham Hotspur Newcastle United
- Tottenham Hotspur are unbeaten in their last four Premier League meetings with Newcastle United after losing all of the preceding six league encounters.
- Tottenham Hotspur have failed to score in five of their 35 league and cup games this season.
- Newcastle United have failed to score in only one of their away games in the Premier League this season.
Sunday 12 February
Aston Villa Manchester City
- Manchester City have failed to win in their last four Premier League visits to Villa Park.
- Having gone six without a win at Villa Park, Aston Villa will be aiming to avoid a run of seven home league games without a win for the first time since October 1987.
- Manchester City are the only team who have yet to be behind at half-time in the Premier League this season.
Wolverhampton Wanderers West Bromwich Albion
- West Bromwich Albion will be aiming to complete a league double against Wolverhampton Wanderers for the first time since the 1997-98.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have recovered 13 points from losing positions, more than any other team in the Premier League this season.
- West Bromwich Albion have not won a game in the month of February in the Premier League since 2006. The Baggies have since made 12 unsuccessful attempts.
Total Trackbacks 0